Willis of New Jersey, Inc.
The Rutgers University Alumni Association has partnered with Willis of New Jersey, Inc. to offer alumni Life and Disability coverage. For more information, please call 800-343-5433.
Liberty Mutual Insurance Programs
As a Rutgers graduate you can get a special discounted rate on Auto, Home, Condo and Renter’s Insurance from a trusted Fortune 100 company. Find out more about Liberty Mutual Auto & Home Insurance at www.libertymutual.com/rutgers or call 888-778-6005 and mention client #5154. Discounts and savings are available where state laws and regulations allow, and may vary by state. To the extent permitted by law, applicants are individually underwritten; not all applicants may qualify.
A message from our partner, Liberty Mutual Insurance
From Dennis Goebel, Vice President, Liberty Mutual Insurance Company
Safety Tips for Boaters and Bikers
By Lee Michael Katz
Whether you hit the highways or cruise the water, the summer has a lot to offer in the way of carefree fun. But with any outdoor adventure comes a certain amount of risk. To ensure that you and your family stay safe on the water, follow these simple precautions:
- Learn safe boating techniques. According to the U.S. Coast Guard, about 70 percent of all boating accidents occur because of operator error. Reduce that risk with “Boat Smart” courses from the U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary.
- Get your vessel inspected. You can submit a request for a safety inspection at the U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary’s Vessel Safety Check website.
- File a “float plan” before launching. This form can be found online and lists all the information the Coast Guard needs for emergency action. It’s not required, but it can be a lifesaver. Make sure you the leave the plan with a friend or family member.
- Wear a life jacket. It may seem obvious, but the Centers for Disease Control notes that more than 90% of drowning fatality victims didn’t wear a life jacket.
And here are a few safety precautions for motorcyclists:
- Be visible. Oftentimes people driving cars just don’t see motorcycles. Put reflective decals on your clothing and bike, keep your headlights on day and night, and avoid riding in drivers’ blind spots.
- Warn vehicles of your presence. Use your horn to alert someone of your presence and flash your brake light when slowing down.
- Wear your helmet—always. All motorcycle helmets are required to meet federal Department of Transportation (DOT) standards and display a DOT sticker. If a helmet doesn’t have this sticker, it doesn’t offer adequate protection.
To learn more about Liberty Mutual Auto and Home Insurance or to get a free, no-obligation quote, call 888-778-6005 or visit libertymutual.com/rutgers.
Coverage underwritten and provided by Liberty Mutual Insurance Company and its affiliates, 175 Berkeley Street, Boston, MA 02116. Reprinted with permission from Liberty Mutual. ©2014 Liberty Mutual Insurance
Long Term Care Resources
The Rutgers University Alumni Association (RUAA) now offers long term care insurance. Take advantage of special discounts, multiple carriers, and multiple products. Long Term Care Insurance can cover the costs associated with Home Health Care, Adult Day Care and Care in a facility (Assisted Living or Nursing Home) if you or your spouse require these services as a result of aging. Unfortunately, LTC insurance is not just something you can buy when you need it; your health allows you to buy this coverage. The longer a person waits to apply the greater their chances of being declined so visit www.myltcplan.com/rutgers or call 800-616-8759 to obtain more information and start a quote today.