Rutgers Club of Greater Philadelphia
To provide a means for alumni and friends of Rutgers University residing in the greater Philadelphia area with a local organization through which they an continue to support Rutgers University and its ideals after graduation. This will be achieved directly through various University and Club sponsored activities of particular interest to area alumni.
President: Charles McCullough SBC'04
Treasurer: Paul Sude RC'55
The geographic area of the RCGP includes the greater Philadelphia region within the states of PA, NJ ,and DE.
Our club members include alumni from 5 Philadelphia counties including Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, and Philadelphia, and we also have some members from New Jersey counties including Burlington, Camden, and Glouster.
Members include alumni working in various industries and capacities, including business, law, medicine, finance, academia, government agencies, clinical research, career counselors, and small business owners.
Deyanira Santiago CC'98
Jennifer Hartman DC'88
Our club has monthly meetings, happy hours and events and has recently attended the Brandywine River Museum, guided by Victoria Wyeth and we have also scheduled some tasting events in Center City Philadelphia.
Each year our club plans numerous events and outings. Monthly meetings or happy hours are held for alumni to meet and network and plan events and activities. Meetings or happy hours are generally held on a Wednesday evening in the middle of the month alternating between locations in Center City Philadelphia, City Line Avenue area, and King of Prussia area to accomodate alumni traveling from various Greater Philadelphia regions.
Some of our recent and past events and activiites include the following:
- International Bowl- Game Watching Party at Chickie's and Pete's
- Rutgers Football Game Watching Parties at Chickie's and Pete's
- Intercollegiate Alumni Quizzo
- Annual Freshman Sendoff - Large event attended by incoming freshman and their families where food is provided and incoming freshman are welcomed to Rutgers by the local Rutgers alumni. Incoming freshman have the opportunity to meet other incoming freshman for the Greater Philadelphia region and have any questions answered.
- Annual Scholarship Fund Awards - At least two students are selected for scholarship funding each year based on essay's submitted. The scholarshps are awareded at the Freshman Send-off each August and the scholarship award winners speak to the incoming freshman about their experience and answer questions about Rutgers.
- Annual Dinner- Formal cocktail hour and formal dinner event with key note speaker on various issues of interest to Rutgers Alumni from the Greater Philadelphia region including; Deep Sea Hydrothermal Vents, Intelligent Design, KYW Community Reporting, Behind the Scenes at the National Constitution Center
- Spring Outing - Longwood Gardens Excursion, Barnes Foundation
- Rutgers vs. Villanova Men's and Women's Basketball Games
- Camden Riversharks Games
- Wine Tasting Events
- 76ers Games
Monthly RCGP meetings are generally held on the 2nd or 3rd Wednesday evening of each month from 6pm-8pm. All alumni, friends and family are welcome and encouraged to attend. No RSVP is required.
RCGP Scholarship Endowment Fund
Our club has established a scholarship endowment fund that provides the funds for our annual scholarships. If you are interested in donating to the club's scholarship endowment fund, please mail a check with the following information:
Please make the check payable to "Rutgers University Foundation." with Robert B. Stein Memorial/Rutgers Club of Greater Philadelphia Scholarship Fund in the memo line. Mail to: Rutgers University Foundation, Winants Hall, 7 College