Willis Giaconia Life, LLC
The Rutgers University Alumni Association has partnered with Willis Giaconia Life, LLC to offer alumni Life and Disability coverage. For more information please call 1-800-343-5433.
Liberty Mutual Insurance Programs
As a Rutgers graduate you can get a special discounted rate on Auto, Home, Condo and Renter’s Insurance from a trusted Fortune 100 company. Find out more about Liberty Mutual Auto & Home Insurance at www.libertymutual.com/rutgers or call 888-778-6005 and mention client #5154. Discounts and savings are available where state laws and regulations allow, and may vary by state. To the extent permitted by law, applicants are individually underwritten; not all applicants may qualify.
A message from Liberty Mutual Insurance
Traveling Safely with Your Dog
By Dennis Goebel, Vice President, Liberty Mutual Insurance Company
Check out our tips, provided with input from the ASPCA, for making your dog’s car trip less stressful.
Although a dog’s most preferred trip usually consists of a walk around the block, sometimes a ride in the car may be necessary. Some dogs love traveling by car, but as many others can be anxious or fearful. Since you may never know how a dog will respond to auto travel, consider the following tips to help make the trip safer and more comfortable.
• Ease your dog into car travel with short rides to a dog park or another pleasant destination.
• Offer treats or a favorite toy to associate the trip with a reward.
• Feed your dog a light meal 3-4 hours before starting on a trip.
• Some dogs feel more comfortable riding in in a crate, while others are happier when they can see out of the windows. If your dog likes to watch the world go by, use a pet seat belt and a harness.
• Let your dog ride in the front seat only if you’ve deactivated your car’s airbags. A deployed airbag can seriously injure a dog, even if the accident is a minor fender bender.
• Don’t scold your dog for whining or vomiting. Verbal or physical punishment can heighten a dog’s fear.
• Don’t give your dog medication to relieve motion sickness or anxiety without first consulting your veterinarian.
Click here for more advice on traveling safely with your dog.
To learn more about Liberty Mutual Auto and Home Insurance or get a free, no-obligation quote, call 800-532-9568 or visit libertymutual.com/rutgers.
Coverage underwritten and provided by Liberty Mutual Insurance Company and its affiliates, 175 Berkeley Street, Boston, MA 02116.
©2012 Liberty Mutual Insurance
Long Term Care Resources
The Rutgers University Alumni Association (RUAA) now offers long term care insurance. Take advantage of special discounts, multiple carriers, and multiple products. Long Term Care Insurance can cover the costs associated with Home Health Care, Adult Day Care and Care in a facility (Assisted Living or Nursing Home) if you or your spouse require these services as a result of aging. Unfortunately, LTC insurance is not just something you can buy when you need it; your health allows you to buy this coverage. The longer a person waits to apply the greater their chances of being declined so visit www.myltcplan.com/rutgers or call 800-616-8759 to obtain more information and start a quote today.