Recruiting Alumni Leaders
RUAA Board Nominations
The Rutgers University Alumni Association (RUAA) is issuing a call for nominations for the RUAA Board of Directors. On this page, you will find the nomination form that is to be completed for every nomination to the Board.
The RUAA serves approximately 408,000 alumni from all three campuses and seeks to have a Board that reflects the diversity present within the alumni body. The one common denominator of all candidates will be their ability to live up to our mission: “Advancing Rutgers University by engaging all alumni.”
Membership in the RUAA is bestowed automatically on all persons having earned a degree at Rutgers University or any of its predecessor schools, upon graduation. Any member of the RUAA is eligible to serve on the Board.
Candidates for the Board of Directors are expected to:
- Represent all alumni, not just their own school and classmates;
- Work in partnership with the Department of Alumni Relations in the oversight, management, and operations of the RUAA;
- Share ideas and react to proposals about how best to engage alumni in Rutgers University's work, and promote interest among alumni in attending alumni events;
- Reach out to friends, neighbors, colleagues and associates to identify Rutgers University alumni and encourage their involvement in the association and its chartered organizations.
- Attend Board meetings in person or by special arrangement and participate in teleconferences as needed to discuss alumni association activities;
- Participate regularly in alumni activities on campus, in New Jersey, or in their region.
All terms for the Board of Directors are for three years and all members of the Board will be required to comply with conflict of interest policies as stipulated by any applicable law and by university policies.
The RUAA Nominations Committee will only consider candidates for the RUAA Board of Directors whose nomination forms are complete and submitted to the Alumni Relations office by the deadline date of Friday, February 22, 2013
Please send your nomination forms
by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or by mail to:
Ken Johnson ENG'66
Corporate Secretary, Rutgers University Alumni Association
c/o Yvette Martinez, Senior Director for Alumni Relations
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey
Winants Hall, Room 306
7 College Avenue
New Brunswick, NJ 08901-1260
If you are interested in a leadership position, please contact Donna Thornton at 848-932-1994 or email@example.com
and submit a cover letter and your resume.
If you have questions about the nomination process, or would like to arrange to speak with a Board member directly, please contact Yvette Martinez, Senior Director for Alumni Relations, at firstname.lastname@example.org
or 848-932-1960. To learn more about the RUAA and the RUAA Board, visit Ralumni.com/RUAA