Start a Project
Start a project in your community in two easy steps:
Step One: Alumni project leaders are needed to identify community needs, plan projects and recruit project participants. RUAA staff will serve as a resource to all project leaders. If you are interested in becoming a project leader, contact your designated staff liaison or email email@example.com for support with coordinating a service initiative.
Step Two: After you have coordinated the project specifics, be sure to submit your volunteer service project to Ralumni.com/eventrequest (be sure to select “yes” when asked if your event is part of the Rutgers Alumni Day of Service). Once your project is registered, it will be added to the RUAA calendar and included on all Rutgers Alumni Day of Service communications so others can sign up to volunteer.
Day of Service at a Glance
Rutgers Alumni Day of Service aims to:
- bring Rutgers alumni together on one day to provide hands-on service to their communities
- engage alumni project leaders in identifying community needs, planning projects and recruiting participants
- have a substantial impact on the individuals involved in this shared experience
- have a substantial impact on the community
- demonstrate that the RUAA commits to integrity, service, and diversity