Email Your Alumni Group
What is Marketo?
Marketo is a leading provider of engagement marketing software and solutions. It replaces the Rutgers University Alumni Association (RUAA) and Rutgers University Foundation (RUF) broadcast email system used to communicate with alumni and donors. Marketo enhances communication in service to Rutgers alumni. Implementation is critical to meeting this goal.
Who can use Marketo?
Marketo allows the RUF, RUAA, and trained university partners (academic units and RUAA chartered organizations) to create and send branded and data-safe communications directly to alumni and donors about Rutgers connections most meaningful to them.
What does this mean to me?
Marketo allows trained RUAA charter group leaders and other university partners (academic units) an opportunity to communicate directly to alumni and donors, using pre-built templates, a pre-built audience, pre-populated images (which you can add to), and through a sleek user interface.
How do I get started?
All users must follow the steps below, which include completing a self-paced training module and practice exercises before given full access to the tool. By following these steps you can create, edit, test, approve, and send electronic communications.
Step 1—Get Access
Step 3—Build and Send Email
- Participate in a self-paced training session.
- Test your log-in through the Rutgers single sign-in link—https://rufsso.rutgers.edu.
- Complete all training exercises (after self-paced training), and send a fully customized sample email to your staff partner.
- Take part in one-on-one phone call with your volunteer engagement or foundation staff partner to ensure readiness.
After you have sent your email you can view the analytics around delivery and opt-outs.
- Select your email program.
- Once the email has been sent, you will see the email, dashboard display analytics.
Support Questions? Email email@example.com